Are you thinking of buying a robotic lawnmower but need help deciding which is the best one for your particular circumstances? If the answer is “yes” then you’re in the right place. In this article we’ll tell you everything you need to know to choose the best robotic lawnmower for your particular circumstances.
How big is your garden?
Manufacturers typically specify a maximum lawn size that is appropriate for each of their models. This is calculated to try to ensure that the mower can get back to its base station without running out of power. It also defines how much perimeter wire is supplied with the mower when you buy it.
Is your garden on a slope?
If your lawn has a slope then you need to ensure that you choose a robotic mower what has enough power and traction to cope with the incline. Manufacturers typically specify a maximum gradient that each of their models can handle.
Do you have more than one lawn?
If you have more than one lawn (or your lawn is separated by fences, borders or paths) then you may need to choose a mower that can handle multiple zones.
Bestselling robotic lawnmowers
- Ideal for smaller gardens, the EasiLife 150 GO is a compact robotic lawn mower that automatically cuts up to 150m2 so you don’t have to – giving you a tidy lawn with zero effort.
- Mowing every corner of the lawn, the EasiLife 150 GO is packed with functions to suit your lifestyle and can automatically adapt its schedule based on the weather through LawnSense and FrostSense,
- No screens or complex programming, the LED indicators guide you for quick and easy control, with the Bluetooth app giving you full access to the robotic mowers extended settings - allowing you the set schedules and trouble shoot from the comfort of your home.
- Ultra quiet mowing at 58dB(A) means that you won’t disturb you or your neighbours when your robotic is mowing, allowing you to keep to a regular mowing schedule for a healthy greener lawn.
- The Intelligent guide wire allows for programmable start points for multiple cutting areas of lawn and efficiently guides the mower home without leading tracks. The PassageSense function also allows for the robotic mower to cut and navigate through narrow passages.
- 280m² working area suitable for city gardens
- iRadar -Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor technology, the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- Brushless Motor with 20V Lithium-Ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- 3 easily adjustable cutting heights ranging from 20-55mm
- Rain sensor enables Compact 280R to go back to the charging station automatically
- Easy operation and installation with intuitive control panel
- Grass combs for increased efficiency and blade protection
- Powerful rear-wheel drive manages inclines of up to 30%
- Sharp blades create mulching for a healthier-looking lawn
- Built-in sensors for additional protection
- Ideal for gardens up to 1000 sq m, the ROB R1000 is a fully automatic robotic lawnmower
- Easy to install and program
- When the battery is low, ROB finds its way back to the docking station to recharge
- Working area capacity: Up to 1000 sq m
- Cutting height, minimum-maximum: 20-50 mm
- EASY TO INSTALL - Easy one-time set-up of boundary wire, charging station and robot mower with fully comprehensive step-by-step instructions. Installation of an additional guide wire is not required. The charging station can not be fitted in the corner of the lawn. Please allow 1m of boundary wire at the front and the back of the charging station.
- LOW MAINTENANCE - Once set up, the L10 operates automatically and can be set to mow each day, or every other day depending on your lawn size, without the need for an app. It will charge itself and is so quiet you might even forget it's there.
- SOLID & RELIABLE - Well-built robot lawn mower from a brand you can trust, the L10 is tough, durable, IPX5 rated to be fully waterproof and comes with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
- HIGH PERFORMING - The L10's mulching action returns tiny grass clippings and nutrients to the lawn, so your grass will look healthier, weeds will struggle to grow and there are no grass cuttings to dispose of.
- SAFETY & SECURITY - Lift, tilt & bump sensors stop the blades immediately if the mower is picked up or bumps into objects and it has PIN code protection to prevent unauthorised use.
- 400 sq m working area suitable for city gardens
- iRadar - Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor Technology, the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- App control - intelligent technology enables control from any location
- Brushless Motor with 20 V Lithium-Ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- Sharp blades create mulching for a healthier looking lawn, variable cutting heights ranging 20-55 mm
- 400m² working area suitable for city gardens
- Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor Technology - the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- 20V lithium-ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- Easily adjustable 3 cutting heights ranging from 20-55mm
- Additional protection with built-in sensors: lift, obstacle, turnover, radar and rain
- 650m² working area suitable for mid-size gardens
- Manoeuvrable, effortless & easy set up
- Brushless Motor with 28V lithium-ion Samsung battery and 18cm cutting width
- Sharp blades create mulching for a healthier looking lawn, variable cutting heights ranging 20-60mm
- Built-in lift, obstacle, turnover & tilt sensors
- The mower can be operated with the GARDENA Bluetooth app from a distance of up to 10 m. Programs: EasyApp Control, Auto Schedule and EasyConfig for easy installation and operation
- SensorCut System: Mows streak-free and evenly from different directions, ideally suited for small and medium-sized gardens with a lawn area of up to 300 m²
- Waterproof operation: the robotic lawnmower also mows when it rains and thus ensures a perfect lawn carpet; if it gets dirty, the robot can be easily cleaned with the garden hose
- EasyPassage: guides the robot through narrow corridors. Maximum incline: 35%
- Scope of delivery includes: 1x GARDENA SILENO city 300, 1x 150 m boundary cable, 200x hooks, 4x connectors, 5x connection terminals
- Fully automatic solution: The Gardena smart app enables you to control the mowing of mid-sized lawn areas (up to 750 m sq) with your fingertip
- Flexible fit: The large collar in the middle can be individually adjusted to various diameters
- Easy cleaning and storage: The mat can be folded up after use to save space and stowed in its storage bag
- Effortless work: The four carrying handles on the sides facilitate transport and emptying of the mat
- Scope of delivery includes: 1 x Gardena smart SILENO life, 1 x smart Gateway, 1 x 200 m boundary wire, 300 x hooks, 4 x couplers, 5 x connectors
Last update on 12 May 2021 - 13:44. Product price & availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price & availability information displayed on the Amazon.co.uk website at the time of purchase will apply.