Are you thinking of buying a robotic lawnmower but need help deciding which is the best one for your particular circumstances? If the answer is “yes” then you’re in the right place. In this article I’ll tell you everything you need to know to choose the best robotic lawnmower for your particular circumstances.
How big is your garden?
Manufacturers typically specify a maximum lawn size that is appropriate for each of their models. This is calculated to try to ensure that the mower can get back to its base station without running out of power. It also defines how much perimeter wire is supplied with the mower when you buy it.
Is your garden on a slope?
If your lawn has a slope then you need to ensure that you choose a robotic mower what has enough power and traction to cope with the incline. Manufacturers typically specify a maximum gradient that each of their models can handle.
Do you have more than one lawn?
If you have more than one lawn (or your lawn is separated by fences, borders or paths) then you may need to choose a mower that can handle multiple zones.
Bestselling robotic lawnmowers
- Utilises a 18 V battery so it can tackle your lawn with ease
- A 16 cm cutting width and 20-50 mm cutting height ensures a neat and tidy finish to your lawn
- Self-mulching, this lawn mower drops your grass clippings back into the lawn – acting as a natural fertiliser for a healthier, greener lawn
- Cover the garden without the restriction of a power cord, for greater freedom and flexibility
- Utilises an irregular mowing pattern to ensure full coverage of any garden shape
- With automated working and charging cycle, swift RM18 robotic mower will give you the perfect lawn and more time with the family by liberating you from lawn care work.
- Excellent and affordable choice to experience modern robotics on your regular sized garden of up to 600m². With bumping sensor and treaded wheel driven by strong motors, it can conquer all obstacles and gradient up to 35% (20°).
- Intuitive and straight forward interface to personalize your mowing settings.
- PIN Code for theft protection; stepless and easy cutting adjustment dialer.
- With more than 10 years engineering experiences in garden industry and tip top components enables RM18 to work without breaking the tranquility of your garden. It takes care of your lawn unnoticed while you enjoy your life.
- Lawn shield is the intelligent adaptive cutting system which automatically changes mowing schedule based on lawn growth Preventing wear on the lawn
- The Flexible charging station position gives you the freedom to position the charging station almost anywhere you like around the edge of the lawn
- Guide wire techonology improves navigation in complex gardens for a more even finish and intelligently helps Rob to find his way home without leaving unwanted tracks
- Installation made easy thanks to Rob's simple set-up wizard quickly guiding you through initial installation step by step
- The Rob S has quick keypad navigation Intuitive keypad controls give immediate access to functions such as Return Home Cutting Schedule and Special Mowing programs
- EASY TO INSTALL - Easy one-time set-up of boundary wire, charging station and robot mower with fully comprehensive step-by-step instructions.
- LOW MAINTENANCE - Once set up, the L10 operates automatically each day without the need for an app, charges itself and is so quiet you might even forget it's there.
- SOLID & RELIABLE - Well-built robot lawn mower from a brand you can trust, the L10 is tough, durable, IPX5 rated to be fully waterproof and comes with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
- HIGH PERFORMING - The L10's mulching action returns tiny grass clippings and nutrients to the lawn, so your grass will look healthier, weeds will struggle to grow and there are no grass cuttings to dispose of.
- SAFETY & SECURITY - Lift, tilt & bump sensors stop the blades immediately if the mower is picked up or bumps into objects and it has PIN code protection to prevent unauthorised use.
- 280m² working area suitable for city gardens
- iRadar -Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor technology, the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- Brushless Motor with 20V Lithium-Ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- 3 easily adjustable cutting heights ranging from 20-55mm
- Rain sensor enables Compact 280R to go back to the charging station automatically
- Ideal for small gardens up to 260m²
- 20V 2Ah Lithium-Ion battery and 16cm cutting width
- Mow on-demand technology allows to save energy and adjust the cutting performance while mowing
- Sharp blades create mulching for a healthier looking lawn, variable cutting heights ranging 20-55mm
- Edge trimming function to keep the garden clean and tidy
- Fully automatic solution: The Gardena smart app enables you to control the mowing of mid-sized lawn areas (up to 750 m sq) with your fingertip
- Flexible fit: The large collar in the middle can be individually adjusted to various diameters
- Easy cleaning and storage: The mat can be folded up after use to save space and stowed in its storage bag
- Effortless work: The four carrying handles on the sides facilitate transport and emptying of the mat
- Scope of delivery includes: 1 x Gardena smart SILENO life, 1 x smart Gateway, 1 x 200 m boundary wire, 300 x hooks, 4 x couplers, 5 x connectors
- 400 sq m working area suitable for city gardens
- iRadar - Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor Technology, the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- App control - intelligent technology enables control from any location
- Brushless Motor with 20 V Lithium-Ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- Sharp blades create mulching for a healthier looking lawn, variable cutting heights ranging 20-55 mm
- Connection using the app: The robotic lawnmower is easy to handle and access from anywhere using the Bosch Smart Gardening App
- Efficient and compact: Mow up to three lawn areas if they all add up to 350 Sq m
- Handling obstacles while mowing: Indego S+ 350 uses artificial intelligence to ensure Indego can easily manoeuvre around obstacles in the garden
- Logical and systematic mowing: Indego knows where it has been and where it needs to go thus providing quick and efficient mowing thanks to the intelligent LogiCut navigation system
- Mow according to weather conditions: Indego considers local weather conditions and avoids rain creating the best possible schedule for the lawn
- 400m² working area suitable for city gardens
- Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor Technology - the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- 20V lithium-ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- Easily adjustable 3 cutting heights ranging from 20-55mm
- Additional protection with built-in sensors: lift, obstacle, turnover, radar and rain
Last update on 1 March 2021 - 14:46. Product price & availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price & availability information displayed on the Amazon.co.uk website at the time of purchase will apply.