If you have hidden your audio-visual equipment away in a tasteful cabinet, then you are going to be faced with the dilemma of how to control it. After all, you probably don’t want to have to get up to open the cupboard door (or leave it open), simply to pause, rewind, change channel or set a programme to record.
If you have this dilemma, you have two main options…
- Use your equipment’s existing remote controls (or a universal remote control) with a remote control extender
- Use a smartphone or tablet as a remote control (rather than your equipment’s existing remote controls or a universal remote control)
Using your existing remote controls (or a universal remote control) with a remote control extender to control audio-visual equipment that is in a closed cabinet
Remote control extenders are devices which are capable of receiving an infra-red signal from a remote control and re-transmitting that signal somewhere else. These devices are sometimes referred to as infra-red extenders.
Remote control extenders generally consist of three main elements:
- An infra-red receiver – which receives the signal from your remote control.
- One or more infra-red emitters – which re-transmit the signal from your remote control to the device(s) you want to control.
- Some electronics – which process the signal received by infra-red receiver and transmit it to the infra-red emitter(s).
How these three elements are packaged varies between different products – largely depending on the application for which they were primarily designed.
Advantages of remote control extenders
- Remote control extenders are generally simple to setup. There is no programming to do, so they are pretty much as close to ‘plug-and-play’ as electronic devices get.
Disadvantages of remote control extenders
- If you have two identical devices (such as two Sky boxes) in a stack of audio-visual equipment where both can ‘see’ the output of a single remote control extender’s IR emitters then there is no way of controlling them independently. If you send a signal via your remote control extender that one of the devices recognises then they will both recognise it and respond accordingly, just as they would if you pointed your remote control directly at your stack of equipment.
Bestselling remote control extenders
- [Wide frequency design]:Receive wide frequency, which allows users no longer because of remote control receiving frequency mismatch caused by remote control is not sensitive or can not control.
- [High sensitivity]:Remote control signal receiving real-time response to fast forward without delay.
- [Wide compatibility]:Apply to almost of the wide-electrical set-top boxes, telecommunications set-top boxes, other network set-top boxes satellite pan set-top boxes.
- [Easy to use]:Attach the transmitter to the remote control receiver, the receiving end is affixed to a position where the remote control signal can be easily received, then plug in the power supply to use.
- [USB port]:Support LCD TV, set-top box and mobile phone USB charger to obtain the power.
- Passes IR communication: Used with an IR Repeater kit to control a device; Extend remote control ability to any room in the house
- Sticks directly onto the AV equipment; Three emitters on a single plug; Adhesive backing allows the emitter to be attached to the IR eye of a device
- Quad Heads allow you to control multiple pieces of equipment with only one IR output; For use with IR extender extension system, Xbox One, IR Connecting Blocks and Home Automation controllers
- The mini stick-on emitter includes a 10 ft(3m) cable between the emitter heads and the mini-plug
- Allows you to control A/V component by the existing IR controller, such as amplifier, cable box, HD DVR, stereo receiver, Satellite TV receiver, CD player, DVD player, Bluray player or other components which are controlled by IR signal
- IR remote control cable extends the signal to a video source like a Blu-ray player, DVD player, STB box, AV receiver or other A/V source with an infrared sensor so it can be controlled from your HDTV
- Simple installation IR Repeater cable allows you to control home theater components located behind closet cabinet doors
- Place the IR emitter blaster near the source sensor to repeat the signal to the source; Place the IR Receiver in a convenient location with line of sight of your hand-held remote; IR Tx and Rx cables have adhesive circles on the back for mounting
- USB powered IR extension cable has an integrated 6 foot Y-cable to receive 5V USB power; Connect to an HDTV USB port or to a USB wall charger power supply (sold separately)
- Compatible with most A/V equipment with infrared sensors (not RF)
- [Infrared Remote Extender Cable] Extends the Signal to Your Video Source, Hidden IR Repeater 1 Receiver 4 Emitters Infrared Remote Control Kit Control Your TV or Player, Like Adjusting the Volume.
- [IR Extender Kit] This IR Repeater System Kit Allow You to Control Your Home Theater Device/Components Which Are Kept Behind Closet Doors or in a Closed Cabinet.
- [1 Receiver 4 Emitters] Receiver: with a Convenient IR Confirmation LED and Pick up the Signal from the Remote Controller; Emitter: Send the Signal to the A/ V Components
- [Broad Compatibility] Be Compatible with Amplifier, Cable Box, Stereo Receiver, Satellite TV Receiver, CD Player, DVD Player, Blu-ray Player or Any Other Components Which Is Controlled by IR Signal.
- [Detail Information] 5V USB AC Power Supply; 34- 60 kHz Operating Range; Cable length: 2m (Power cord length) 2m (Black and white line length) 1m (Launch line length). 18 Months Warranty Provided.
- This Infrared Repeater Cable applies to all remote control devices from 38 to 56 khz
- IR Repeater Extension controls Audio Video Components in Entertainment Cabinets or Equipment Closets using Existing IR Remote Controls
- Come with adhesive backing sticks directly onto different devices
- 1 Receiver, 1 Emitter, Connects to USB port on TV or home theater device for power
- Total Length: 3 feet - 1 meter
- Applies to all remote control devices with frequency range between 38 to 56khz
- Control Audio Video Components in Entertainment Cabinets or Equipment Closets using Existing IR Remote Controls
- Come with adhesive backing sticks directly onto different devices
- Cable Length From USB To Receiver: Approx. 4 Feet
- Cable Length From Receiver To Emitter: Approx. 6.5 Feet
- CONTROL UP TO 4 AV DEVICES: The One For All remote control extender is the perfect solution for controlling your infrared AV devices inside a closed cabinet.
- TIDY LOOK: Its clever design features a smart cable management system. Give your living room a tidy look with all your devices out of sight.
- PLUG & PLAY: Simple to set-up and use, instructions included.
- USB POWERED: No extra Power Plug needed, just connect to your AV Equipment.
- DISCOVER ONE FOR ALL: We are the specialist in Audio-Video accessories with more than 20 years of experience.
- Allows IR remote control of up to 6 AV devices even behind closed cabinet doors.
- Use your existing remote control. Simple set-up. Instructions included. Optimised for most European Digital TV and AV equipment ( eg: Sky HD )
- Only one small IR receiver need be visible on or near the TV to control all devices. 3 port version also available.
- USB powered *** USB cable included *** (Connect to USB port on your AV recever / Bluray etc)
- Package includes: 1 x IR control hub / 6 x IR Blaster probes / 1 x IR Receiver Probe / 1 x USB power cable / 1 x Instructions (English) *** Neet specialist customer support. Lifetime warranty / no fuss returns ***
- An ideal solution for those who want to conceal their A/V components equipment inside a entertainment system cabinet or closet for a clean, stylish look
- IR Repeater system allows you to Control home theater components located behind cabinet doors
- Included with the system is - IR Receiver (2 inches by 1/2 Inch); Hidden IR Repeater Controller (3 1/2 Inches by 2 Inches); 2 dual IR emitters blaster
- Convenient IR confirmation LED with dual frequency to support infrared signals from a wider range of IR remote control such as cable box setup box STB; Support up to six emitter output connections
- Additional IR emitter blaster available for purchase at ASIN: B017LQAKXW; If you need to extend the IR blaster emitter cable, you can use a 3.5mm stereo audio extension cable and a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter at one end and a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter at the other end
- 【IR Repeater with 1 Receiver 8 Emitters】Kit Controls up to 8 Devices, Convenient for You to Control the Different Devices Which in Different Place at the Same Time
- 【Remote Control Distance up to 10m】Extend Signal up to 10m, The Length of the Receiver Cable: 1.5m, The Length of the Emitters Cable: 3m, It Can Control the TV out the Cupboard DirectlyWhen you Put Them in the Cupboard
- 【Support 36kHz to 58kHz】Working Frequency: 36kHz to 58kHz, Compatible with Most Audio and Video Devices on the Market
- 【Metal Casing Design】Metal Box Repeater Enhanced the Signal, Overall Shielding without Signal Interference, Metal Shell Prevents Collision, Make it More Durable
- 【Plug and Play, Wide Application】No Need to Install Extra Programs, Simple and Convenient for You to Achieve Remote Control, Suitable for Satellite Receiver, DVD, IPTV, Karaoke, Hotel/Set-Top Box Hidden Installation Bath Center and Home
Last update on 25 September 2021 - 10:14. Product price & availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price & availability information displayed on the Amazon.co.uk website at the time of purchase will apply.