If you have hidden your audio-visual equipment away in a tasteful cabinet, then you are going to be faced with the dilemma of how to control it. After all, you probably don’t want to have to get up to open the cupboard door (or leave it open), simply to pause, rewind, change channel or set a programme to record.
If you have this dilemma, you have two main options…
- Use your equipment’s existing remote controls (or a universal remote control) with a remote control extender
- Use a smartphone or tablet as a remote control (rather than your equipment’s existing remote controls or a universal remote control)
Using your existing remote controls (or a universal remote control) with a remote control extender to control audio-visual equipment that is in a closed cabinet
Remote control extenders are devices which are capable of receiving an infra-red signal from a remote control and re-transmitting that signal somewhere else. These devices are sometimes referred to as infra-red extenders.
Remote control extenders generally consist of three main elements:
- An infra-red receiver – which receives the signal from your remote control.
- One or more infra-red emitters – which re-transmit the signal from your remote control to the device(s) you want to control.
- Some electronics – which process the signal received by infra-red receiver and transmit it to the infra-red emitter(s).
How these three elements are packaged varies between different products – largely depending on the application for which they were primarily designed.
Advantages of remote control extenders
- Remote control extenders are generally simple to setup. There is no programming to do, so they are pretty much as close to ‘plug-and-play’ as electronic devices get.
Disadvantages of remote control extenders
- If you have two identical devices (such as two Sky boxes) in a stack of audio-visual equipment where both can ‘see’ the output of a single remote control extender’s IR emitters then there is no way of controlling them independently. If you send a signal via your remote control extender that one of the devices recognises then they will both recognise it and respond accordingly, just as they would if you pointed your remote control directly at your stack of equipment.
Bestselling remote control extenders
- Allows covert installation and remote control of 4 devices and more (eg CD/ DVD/ Blu-ray player, streaming box, satellite decoder, hi-fi amplifier)
- Energy- and space-saving power supply via USB socket (for example from the TV)
- Immediately ready for use and compatible with all common infrared remote controls (IR frequencies 30 to 60 kHz)
- Long cables (total length 3 m), easy attachment with adhesive pads
- Extends the reception range and area of your remote controls
- Control your device Hidden in a Closet or Cupboard from the comfy spot on your couch.
- Easy installation, simple operation. No external power supply.
- IR extend distance is up to 25m (Depends on the quality and length of the HDMI cable).
- Control: To choose the CEC/IR extend function by manual (Need to switch two IR Adapter on IR status).
- Compatible with HDMI Switcher, can control 12 devices at most(1 Emitter controls 1 device).
- Infrared Repeater System Controls your IR remote controlled devices that are hidden behind doors or in other rooms. Kit controls up to 10 devices - Expandable to 12 devices (Additional IR emitters sold separately)
- IR Repeater controls up to 10 home theater devices kept behind closet doors or in a closed cabinet with IR Infrared Remote Control Extender Repeater System. This product allows you to control A/V equipment with your existing IR remote controller, such as: amplifier, cable box, stereo receiver, Satellite TV receiver, CD player, DVD player, Blu-ray player, Etc
- Infrared Repeater Kit comes with broadband remote control, it is compatible with almost all the electronics appliances in the market with its wide frequency range. IR remote control repeater ( transceiver) is a product which amplifies the IR signal of your appliances, you may be able to conceal your appliances such as in your TV console or cabinet
- High sensitivity, Real time transmission without any delay with its high sensitivity sensor. Remote indication lights on IR receiver:green being power connected while flashing red indicates the signal is being sent. CFL friendly: this duafire unit can be installed in an area with compact fluorescent lighting and work in the most lighting environments
- Note: plasma displays emit IR frequencies during use and may cause interference. It is advised to distance the IT receiver from any plasma TV or display ability to control multiple appliances at various locations up to 10 m1. Connect IR receiver to any of the 3.5 mm ports on the IR transceiver,IF 2 or more IR receiver are connected, the distance between 2 IR receiver should not be less than 6 m to avoid interference
- Applies to all remote control devices
- How to instal: 1. use the double-sided adhesive to stick the receiver in a convenient location. 2 stick the infrared emission head to the device you want to control
- Cable Length From USB To Receiver: Approx. 137cm/ 53.94"; Cable Length From Receiver To Emitter: Approx. 198cm/ 77.95"
- The Way To Get Power: Home Appliance USB or 5V Power Supply
- Material: Cable+Plastic
- [Infrared Remote Extender Cable] Extends the Signal to Your Video Source, Hidden IR Repeater 1 Receiver 4 Emitters Infrared Remote Control Kit Control Your TV or Player, Like Adjusting the Volume.
- [IR Extender Kit] This IR Repeater System Kit Allow You to Control Your Home Theater Device/Components Which Are Kept Behind Closet Doors or in a Closed Cabinet.
- [1 Receiver 4 Emitters] Receiver: with a Convenient IR Confirmation LED and Pick up the Signal from the Remote Controller; Emitter: Send the Signal to the A/ V Components
- [Broad Compatibility] Be Compatible with Amplifier, Cable Box, Stereo Receiver, Satellite TV Receiver, CD Player, DVD Player, Blu-ray Player or Any Other Components Which Is Controlled by IR Signal.
- [Detail Information] 5V USB AC Power Supply; 34- 60 kHz Operating Range; Cable length: 2m (Power cord length) 2m (Black and white line length) 1m (Launch line length). 18 Months Warranty Provided.
- This Infrared Repeater Cable applies to all remote control devices from 38 to 56 khz
- IR Repeater Extension controls Audio Video Components in Entertainment Cabinets or Equipment Closets using Existing IR Remote Controls
- Come with adhesive backing sticks directly onto different devices
- 1 Receiver, 1 Emitter, Connects to USB port on TV or home theater device for power
- Total Length: 3 feet - 1 meter
- Passes IR communication: Used with an IR Repeater kit to control a device; Extend remote control ability to any room in the house
- Sticks directly onto the AV equipment; Three emitters on a single plug; Adhesive backing allows the emitter to be attached to the IR eye of a device
- Quad Heads allow you to control multiple pieces of equipment with only one IR output; For use with IR extender extension system, Xbox One, IR Connecting Blocks and Home Automation controllers
- The mini stick-on emitter includes a 10 ft cable between the emitter heads and the mini-plug
- Allows you to control A/V component by the existing IR controller, such as amplifier, cable box, HD DVR, stereo receiver, Satellite TV receiver, CD player, DVD player, Bluray player or other components which are controlled by IR signal
- IR remote control cable extends the signal to a video source like a Blu-ray player, DVD player, STB box, AV receiver or other A/V source with an infrared sensor so it can be controlled from your HDTV
- Simple installation IR Repeater cable allows you to control home theater components located behind closet cabinet doors
- Place the IR emitter blaster near the source sensor to repeat the signal to the source; Place the IR Receiver in a convenient location with line of sight of your hand-held remote; IR Tx and Rx cables have adhesive circles on the back for mounting
- USB powered IR extension cable has an integrated 6 foot Y-cable to receive 5V USB power; Connect to an HDTV USB port or to a USB wall charger power supply (sold separately)
- Compatible with most A/V equipment with infrared sensors (not RF)
- With 1 receiver which picks up the signal from the remote controller, the receiver is with a convenient IR confirmation LED
- With 1 emitters which is used to send the signals to the A/V components
- With HDMI Port, the IR extending distance is up to 60m (it depends on the quality and length of the HDMI cable)
- It can control the IR Signal source device by using the received IR (infrared) signal by the IR Receiver
- 34-60kHz operating range, Easy install & operation, no need external power
- CONTROL UP TO 4 AV DEVICES: The One For All remote control extender is the perfect solution for controlling your infrared AV devices inside a closed cabinet.
- TIDY LOOK: Its clever design features a smart cable management system. Give your living room a tidy look with all your devices out of sight.
- PLUG & PLAY: Simple to set-up and use, instructions included.
- USB POWERED: No extra Power Plug needed, just connect to your AV Equipment.
- DISCOVER ONE FOR ALL: We are the specialist in Audio-Video accessories with more than 20 years of experience.
Last update on 10 April 2021 - 19:43. Product price & availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price & availability information displayed on the Amazon.co.uk website at the time of purchase will apply.