If you have hidden your audio-visual equipment away in a tasteful cabinet, then you are going to be faced with the dilemma of how to control it. After all, you probably don’t want to have to get up to open the cupboard door (or leave it open), simply to pause, rewind, change channel or set a programme to record.
If you have this dilemma, you have two main options…
- Use your equipment’s existing remote controls (or a universal remote control) with a remote control extender
- Use a smartphone or tablet as a remote control (rather than your equipment’s existing remote controls or a universal remote control)
Using your existing remote controls (or a universal remote control) with a remote control extender to control audio-visual equipment that is in a closed cabinet
Remote control extenders are devices which are capable of receiving an infra-red signal from a remote control and re-transmitting that signal somewhere else. These devices are sometimes referred to as infra-red extenders.
Remote control extenders generally consist of three main elements:
- An infra-red receiver – which receives the signal from your remote control.
- One or more infra-red emitters – which re-transmit the signal from your remote control to the device(s) you want to control.
- Some electronics – which process the signal received by infra-red receiver and transmit it to the infra-red emitter(s).
How these three elements are packaged varies between different products – largely depending on the application for which they were primarily designed.
Advantages of remote control extenders
- Remote control extenders are generally simple to setup. There is no programming to do, so they are pretty much as close to ‘plug-and-play’ as electronic devices get.
Disadvantages of remote control extenders
- If you have two identical devices (such as two Sky boxes) in a stack of audio-visual equipment where both can ‘see’ the output of a single remote control extender’s IR emitters then there is no way of controlling them independently. If you send a signal via your remote control extender that one of the devices recognises then they will both recognise it and respond accordingly, just as they would if you pointed your remote control directly at your stack of equipment.
Bestselling remote control extenders
- Applies to all remote control devices
- How to instal: 1. use the double-sided adhesive to stick the receiver in a convenient location. 2 stick the infrared emission head to the device you want to control
- Cable Length From USB To Receiver: Approx. 137cm/ 53.94"; Cable Length From Receiver To Emitter: Approx. 198cm/ 77.95"
- The Way To Get Power: Home Appliance USB or 5V Power Supply
- Material: Cable+Plastic
- [Infrared Remote Extender Cable] Extends the Signal to Your Video Source, Hidden IR Repeater 1 Receiver 4 Emitters Infrared Remote Control Kit Control Your TV or Player, Like Adjusting the Volume.
- [IR Extender Kit] This IR Repeater System Kit Allow You to Control Your Home Theater Device/Components Which Are Kept Behind Closet Doors or in a Closed Cabinet.
- [1 Receiver 4 Emitters] Receiver: with a Convenient IR Confirmation LED and Pick up the Signal from the Remote Controller; Emitter: Send the Signal to the A/ V Components
- [Broad Compatibility] Be Compatible with Amplifier, Cable Box, Stereo Receiver, Satellite TV Receiver, CD Player, DVD Player, Blu-ray Player or Any Other Components Which Is Controlled by IR Signal.
- [Detail Information] 5V USB AC Power Supply; 34- 60 kHz Operating Range; Cable length: 2m (Power cord length) 2m (Black and white line length) 1m (Launch line length). 18 Months Warranty Provided.
- Passes IR communication: Used with an IR Repeater kit to control a device; Extend remote control ability to any room in the house
- For use with infrared extender extension system, Xbox One, IR Connecting Blocks and Home Automation controllers
- Compatible with devices in 38khz - black
- Comes with adhesive backing sticks directly onto different devices
- Overall length: 10 feet (3 meter)
- Control your device Hidden in a Closet or Cupboard from the comfy spot on your couch.
- Easy installation, simple operation. No external power supply.
- IR extend distance is up to 25m (Depends on the quality and length of the HDMI cable).
- Control: To choose the CEC/IR extend function by manual (Need to switch two IR Adapter on IR status).
- Compatible with HDMI Switcher, can control 12 devices at most(1 Emitter controls 1 device).
- WIRELESS THROUGH WALLS AND CEILINGS - Wireless solution for transmitting the signal from your remote control through walls and ceilings. An open range of 150 meters and 10 to 20 meters through walls and ceilings
- REMOTE CONTROL - Operating the HDD recorder, Sky box, satellite decoder or stereo system from another room in the house such as a bedroom has never been easier with this infrared extender. Not suitable for sending audio / video signals
- YOUR OWN REMOTES - Use your own remote controls to control your devices. This IR extender is guaranteed to work with all remote controls
- NO INSTALLATION OR SOFTWARE - No installation or additional software is required to use the Marmitek Powermid XL. This IR transmitter is plug & play and you can immediately enjoy the convenience
- COMPATIBLE - functionality with all digital TV decoders guaranteed including Sky box. The maximum range is 25 meters
- Connect and place the IR receiver by your TV so that it can receive your remote control signal
- Connect and place the IR TX/Transmitter facing the window of your AV device so that it can receive your remote control signal
- Manually set both CEC/IR switches to the IR function for correct operation
- Power Free: No Power Adapter Necessary (Uses power over HDMI from HDMI source unit)
- It is important to ensure that the IR transmitter is facing the original IR receiver window on the device being controlled
- An ideal solution for those who want to conceal their A/V components equipment inside a entertainment system cabinet or closet for a clean, stylish look
- IR Repeater system allows you to Control home theater components located behind cabinet doors
- Included with the system is - IR Receiver (2 inches by 1/2 Inch); Hidden IR Repeater Controller (3 1/2 Inches by 2 Inches); 2 dual IR emitters blaster
- Convenient IR confirmation LED with dual frequency to support infrared signals from a wider range of IR remote control such as cable box setup box STB; Support up to six emitter output connections
- Additional IR emitter blaster available for purchase at ASIN: B017LQAKXW; If you need to extend the IR blaster emitter cable, you can use a 3.5mm stereo audio extension cable and a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter at one end and a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter at the other end
- CONTROL UP TO 4 AV DEVICES: The One For All remote control extender is the perfect solution for controlling your infrared AV devices inside a closed cabinet.
- TIDY LOOK: Its clever design features a smart cable management system. Give your living room a tidy look with all your devices out of sight.
- PLUG & PLAY: Simple to set-up and use, instructions included.
- USB POWERED: No extra Power Plug needed, just connect to your AV Equipment.
- DISCOVER ONE FOR ALL: We are the specialist in Audio-Video accessories with more than 20 years of experience.
- IR REMOTE CONTROL cable extends the signal to a video source like a Blu-ray player so it can be controlled from your TV; Red LED in IR Receiver bulb verifies the signal transmission
- HOME THEATER ACCESSORY repeats the IR signal to a DVD player, STB box, Receiver or other A/V source with an IR sensor; Route the infrared remote control extender cable out of sight with a wall mounted TV; Install the IR Transmitter end in a concealed equipment closet to hide a CATV box and control it remotely
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION of this lightweight IR cable; Locate the IR Blaster near the source sensor to repeat the signal to the source; Place the IR Receiver in a convenient location with line of sight of your hand-held remote; IR Tx and Rx cables have adhesive circles on the back for mounting
- USB POWERED IR extension cable has an integrated 6 foot Y-cable to receive 5V USB power; USB cable on the IR remote extender cable connects to a TV USB power port or to a USB wall charger
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY of IR extender cable with most A/V equipment with infrared sensors (not RF); 30 degree IR Receiver angle provides plenty of leeway to get the right angle with your remote
- This Infrared Repeater Cable applies to all remote control devices from 38 to 56 khz
- IR Repeater Extension controls Audio Video Components in Entertainment Cabinets or Equipment Closets using Existing IR Remote Controls
- Come with adhesive backing sticks directly onto different devices
- 1 Receiver, 1 Emitter, Connects to USB port on TV or home theater device for power
- Total Length: 3 feet - 1 meter
Last update on 24 June 2021 - 6:23. Product price & availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price & availability information displayed on the Amazon.co.uk website at the time of purchase will apply.