The Marmitek IR Control 11 XTRA IR extender lets you control audio-visual devices, using their existing infra-red (IR) remote controls or a universal remote control, in situations where the devices are hidden out of sight (for example, in a different room).
Why you might want a Marmitek IR Control 11 XTRA IR extender
If you’ve hidden your audio-visual equipment away somewhere out of sight, maybe by putting it in a cabinet or even in a different room, then the chances are you’re going to have a problem controlling it. This problem is caused by the fact that most audio-visual equipment uses infra-red light to receive instructions from its remote control. If you think of your remote control as a torch then you need to be able to shine the torch at your audio-visual equipment in order to get it to work. Obviously you can’t do that if there is a cabinet door, wall or ceiling in the way! The Marmitek IR Control 11 XTRA IR extender solves that problem.
Place the IR receiver in the room in which you wish to use the remote control and the IR transmitter in line of sight of the equipment that you wish to operate. Simply operate your remote control whilst pointed at the IR receiver and the IR transmitter will relay the control signal to your equipment.
Features & benefits of the Marmitek IR Control 11 XTRA IR extender
- Lets you control multiple audio-visual devices.
- Wireless operation works through walls and ceilings so no need to run cables between rooms.
- Equipment can be controlled from any number of rooms by adding more IR receivers.
- Equipment which is located in more than one room can be controlled by adding more IR transmitters.
- Blaster IR emitters for easy setup.
- Mains powered IR transmitter and IR receiver.
What you get for your money when you buy a Marmitek IR Control 11 XTRA IR extender
- 1 x IR receiver
- 1 x IR transmitter
- 2 x power supply
- 1 x instruction manual