The Marmitek PowerMid XL wireless remote control extender set lets you control audio-visual devices, using their existing infra-red (IR) remote controls or a universal remote control, in situations where the devices are hidden out of sight (for example, in a different room).
Why you might want a Marmitek PowerMid XL
If you’ve hidden your audio-visual equipment away somewhere out of sight, maybe by putting it in a cabinet or even in a different room, then the chances are you’re going to have a problem controlling it. This problem is caused by the fact that most audio-visual equipment uses infra-red light to receive instructions from its remote control. If you think of your remote control as a torch then you need to be able to shine the torch at your audio-visual equipment in order to get it to work. Obviously you can’t do that if there is a cabinet door, wall or ceiling in the way! The Marmitek PowerMid XL remote control extender set solves that problem.
Place the IR receiver in the room in which you wish to use the remote control and the IR transmitter in line of sight of the equipment that you wish to operate. Simply operate your remote control whilst pointed at the IR receiver and the IR transmitter will relay the control signal to your equipment.
Features & benefits of the Marmitek PowerMid XL
- Lets you control multiple audio-visual devices.
- Wireless operation works through walls and ceilings so no need to run cables between rooms.
- Equipment can be controlled from any number of rooms by adding more IR receivers.
- Equipment which is located in more than one room can be controlled by adding more IR transmitters.
- Blaster IR emitters for easy setup.
- Mains powered IR transmitter and IR receiver.
What you get for your money when you buy a Marmitek PowerMid XL
- 1 x IR receiver
- 1 x IR transmitter
- 2 x power supply
- 1 x instruction manual
- WIRELESS THROUGH WALLS AND CEILINGS - Wireless solution for transmitting the signal from your remote control through walls and ceilings. An open range of 150 meters and 10 to 20 meters through walls and ceilings
- REMOTE CONTROL - Operating the HDD recorder, Sky box, satellite decoder or stereo system from another room in the house such as a bedroom has never been easier with this infrared extender. Not suitable for sending audio / video signals
- YOUR OWN REMOTES - Use your own remote controls to control your devices. This IR extender is guaranteed to work with all remote controls
- NO INSTALLATION OR SOFTWARE - No installation or additional software is required to use the Marmitek Powermid XL. This IR transmitter is plug & play and you can immediately enjoy the convenience
- COMPATIBLE - functionality with all digital TV decoders guaranteed including Sky box. The maximum range is 25 meters
Last update on 25 September 2021 - 10:14. Product price & availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price & availability information displayed on the Amazon.co.uk website at the time of purchase will apply.